Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I just added data to my plan. How i can connect to the mobile internet on my HTC one V?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Usually we get the opposite question around here lol... lots of people apparently want to send picture messages but don't want a data plan. It's simple. Go to Settings > Mobile Network on. You will then see an H or H+ symbol appear at the top of your screen with arrows going up and down. When the arrows light up, data transmission is taking place. - In the settings menu, if you go to Data Usage, you can track how much you're using and set warnings/limits when you reach a specified threshold to avoid going over your allotted amount. - Streaming video and downloading big-sized apps will eat up a lot more data than just emails or browsing. - Turn off your Data when you are not using it to conserve it or else things can auto-sync in the background, such as emails, Facebook updates, etc. These can be controlled, too, but as a precaution, turn off your data if you have Wi-Fi at home, for example.
Jonathan I wrote:

Usually we get the opposite question around here lol... lots of people apparently want to send pi...

I have turned on the mobile network but i don't see H or H+ symbol appear at the top of your screen. My internet only works when i turn the wireless on but I want to use the mobile internet.
I have turned on the mobile network but i don't see H or H+ symbol appear at the top of your screen. My internet only works when i turn the wireless on but I want to use the mobile internet.
Userlevel 7
Try turning the phone off, removing the SIM card for about a minute, then putting it back in and trying again. Network needs to be refreshed. If that works, great. Enjoy your data. If not, do this for me: Go to Settings > Mobile Network > Access Point Names and tell me the settings that are displayed. It should say Koodo and under there should be some numbers displaying APN name, port, etc.
Userlevel 1
The same thing is happening to me with my new Nexus 4. In APN, i got : -Koodo -sp.koodo.com -74.49.0.18 -80 -302 -220 -default,supl,mms -IPv4
Userlevel 2
Hi there! If you still have problems connecting to your Mobile Internet after following Jonathan’s steps, please give our tech a call. Dial 1-866-995-6636 (option #6) from a landline in order to have your phone available for a complete troubleshooting. Thank you.