Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have used up my data, and its costing me mega money!! What can I do? I outrageous!!! I

I have used up my data, and its costing me mega money!! What can I do? I just got this phone.!!! This is outrageous!!! I have been waiting on the phone for 30min and no response!!! This is very poor service. I am not finding out the answer I need to my question!!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
First things first, turn off ur data toggle so u do not incur anymore charges. Also u may want to upgrade to a new plan that has more data if u are a heavy user. If u have been waiting this long u might as well continue to wait as they may be able to help u with a promotion or something for data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are in overage, your option this month is to pay the pay per use rate or to switch to a plan with more data.

Note that when you switch to a plan with more data your talk minutes and data in the previous plan will be pro-rated to the day you switch (which may increase your overage).  And your talk minutes will be pro rated tfor the new plan as well.  However you will have the full amount of data for the new plan.
How is it poor service if you have exceeded your data limit?

I'm sure Koodo sent you a text notification when you reached your limit or if you were charged overage. I forgot at what levels they send texts, but they do. 

#1. STOP USING DATA; 
#2. Turn off cellular data on your phone; If you don't know how to, turn off your phone and speak to customer service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mobifree1 wrote:

How is it poor service if you have exceeded your data limit?

I'm sure Koodo sent you a text noti...

Please stop referring to customer service. All of these things can be fixed through this forum. Its only a last resort to refer to Customer Service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Should be compulsory reading:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/data-and-how-to-make-the-most-of-it