Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have to say I really don't understand Google on this one (StageFright)

Userlevel 1
They (Google) keep distributing a "patch" that has now been shown to not to actually fix the problem and they have violated their own rules that they have beat other software vendors over the head with in the past and this has the makings of a very spectacular worm if one was created to exploit it.

All the components of something quite spectacular are there. A MMS message can compromise the phone and then that compromised phone can send the worm to every one in your contact list who will send it to everyone in their contact list and it would spread exponentially at a pace the world has probably never seen.  Google with almost unlimited resources to deal with this "appears" to be like a deer in the headlights 🙂

https://blog.exodusintel.com/2015/08/13/stagefright-mission-accomplished/ 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
This should just be added to the already existing thread talking about StageFright
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

This should just be added to the already existing thread talking about StageFright

That that thread is littered with I've downloaded the update kind of messages. The update (while still being pushed out) has been [b]proven not to fix the problem. Burring such important information at the end or in the middle of a long thread didn't seem like the right thing to do.