Koodo Community

Community

I have the 25 dollar base plan never lets me make calls when its supposed to

My 25 dollar base plan is supposed to give me unlimited evenings and weekends for calls but the majority of the time it tells me I cannot complete the call because I don't have an active booster. Why would I need a booster if it's in my base plan?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you on prepaid? What 25$ base plan do you have? I only see 15 and then 45$.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Are you on prepaid? What 25$ base plan do you have? I only see 15 and then 45$.

That must be a recent change. The older free weekends etc have disappeared, and the calling area is now province-wide. Best value for the original poster might be the $15 plan and a $25 Canada-wide booster for 500 minutes that don't expire, depending on calling patterns.
It is prepaid. Its supposed to be free evening and weekends and unlimited texting and picture messaging for $25
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you during your free calling period? If you're not then that's why you can't make calls.
I definitely am, after seven and Saturday and Sunday. I made sure I was calling at the right time and day to be sure it wasn't me mixing it up. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karina Gabrielle wrote:

I definitely am, after seven and Saturday and Sunday. I made sure I was calling at the right time...

Are the calls local? The plan only works for local calls... Long distance calls would need a booster.
Karina Gabrielle wrote:

I definitely am, after seven and Saturday and Sunday. I made sure I was calling at the right time...

Yes they are. I have double checked everything every aspect and cannot figure it out:(
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karina Gabrielle wrote:

You said "the majority of the time", do some calls work for you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karina Gabrielle wrote:

Could it be because it is a legacy prepaid plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Karina Gabrielle wrote:

It's definitely ancient history. If the plan covers local calls only, you can only make calls while you are physically within the local calling area associated with your number to another local number within that same area. Outside those limits, long distance $$$ would apply.

See the comments under Robert's post above for an alternative.