Koodo Community

Community

Question

I have stopped getting updates on my phone why

I haven't got any updates for a while now

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Jonathan, did you jailbreak it? What eves on of iOS are you using now?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi Jonathan, did you jailbreak it? What eves on of iOS are you using now?

No iOS 9.3.5
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What model iPhone do you have? Generally apple drops phones off from recieving updates after 2-3 models or 4-5 years.
Allan wrote:

What model iPhone do you have? Generally apple drops phones off from recieving updates after 2-3 ...

iPhone 5 c
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

What model iPhone do you have? Generally apple drops phones off from recieving updates after 2-3 ...

Similar timeframe for most Android gear as well, complicated by the fact that there are many more manufacturers.
Allan wrote:

Thanks
Allan wrote:

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

The 5c can host iOS 10. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to download and install.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Unless it's jailbroken and the. You don't receive automatic updates anymore!
Allan wrote:

Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Which phones are you referring to? I see you tagged android and iPhone. Depending it could be there aren't any updates at this time. Could you give more details please?
Goran wrote:

Which phones are you referring to? I see you tagged android and iPhone. Depending it could be the...

Haven't got updates for a year Apple iPhone 5c
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh didn't see the Android there as well. If it's a Motorola y I ill be waiting for ages, my koto X Play hasn't received an update since I think last December or somthing tike that. Some androids won't receive any updates if you don't have an active SIM Card in it now from my experience which is weird as heck.

Oh didn't see the Android there as well. If it's a Motorola y I ill be waiting for ages, my koto ...

Thanks I have an iPhone 5c
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh didn't see the Android there as well. If it's a Motorola y I ill be waiting for ages, my koto ...

Android updates are mainly issued by the original provider, so if you bought an unlocked phone that was originally sold by T-Mobile, you have to wait for them to issue the update even if your current carrier is Koodo.