Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have been having echo problems on other end of call withh Samsung Galaxy S4,anyone else have this problem?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Is it only with one person or multiple people?
Jonathan I wrote:

Is it only with one person or multiple people?

I am from Pakistan and i am also experiencing the same Echo Problem. Its not a carrier problem it started when i updated my phone to 4.3. May be the adapt sound option makes it happen or some other new feature but i am sure that the problem stared after updating the phone to 4.3
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No haven't had echo in Calls at all on my S4. Have you played with the adapt sound feature in the call settings?
The echo is with everyone that I call,I have tried volume settings,unchecking the background noise and playing the adapt sound feature,tried soft etc..,no difference.love the phone but I am not going to keep it because of this.
Some case create echo. Remove it and try again.
I am having the same problem. I'm on my 3rd phone and it's still doing it. I've tried with and without my case and it still does it.
this is a bug in hardware design (at least it is in the s4 ACTIVE) , remove the back cover and echo dissapears, change your s4 Active for something else
Gery wrote:

this is a bug in hardware design (at least it is in the s4 ACTIVE) , remove the back cover and ec...

I have the same problem. When I remove the back cover of my phone, the echo stops and when I put it back it still the same. Help me please.
My s4 was giving the same symptoms, turned out the mic hole on the bottom of the phone was blocked up, once cleaned with a fine needle all was good again
Lynne Lyons wrote:

My s4 was giving the same symptoms, turned out the mic hole on the bottom of the phone was blocke...

Thanks Lynne Lyons! You were the only one that posted this as a possible cause (I scoured many pages).