Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have an lg5 and my power button stopped working

Just had my phone over a month and now my power button won't work. I can't turn it off or back on without pluging it into my charger. I took out the battery to see if, that will help and now my phone won't turn on at all. I have an lg 5 what can I do?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm sorry to hear that. You can try taking the battery out, holding the power button for 30 seconds, the putting the battery back in. Then see if you can get into recovery mode by pressing and holding power and volume down buttons for 10 seconds. See if you can boot normally after that. If you cannot, you can go back into recovery mode and do a factory reset. If you sent it in that's one of the first steps theyd have to do anyways. Hope you have your stuff backed up. If that still won't work you'll probably have to get it taken in on maufacturers warranty to get it fixed.
I tired doing that power button does nothing... I took out the battery and put it back in and now it won't turn on at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would take it to the nearest Koodo store and ask them to send it for warranty repair.
You also should be able to get a loaner phone at the store. (I don't know what kind of phones are available)
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy