Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have an HTC One V. I need an app so I can find my lost(potentially stolen) phone. Help!!

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Google offers a free service now: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
Check it out 🙂
Userlevel 2
If your phone is already lost/stolen, then it is too late to install an app or use Android Device Manager to locate your phone. This must be enabled BEFORE the phone is lost/stolen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
quasarito wrote:

If your phone is already lost/stolen, then it is too late to install an app or use Android Device...

Ack you're quite right, it only works beforehand 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
quasarito wrote:

If your phone is already lost/stolen, then it is too late to install an app or use Android Device...

Not exactly right, check my answer below
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can try an app called plan B and remotely install it from your PC but I don't know what version of Android it's compatible with or what version the One V is running. Just Google Plan B Android and you'll be abke to find out more info. Make sure you go immediately after trying Plan B to your self serve account and suspend your service. Make sure not to do it first or you won't be able to do anything. If you cant find it in a few days and have no hope of doing so you can contact koodo and have them mark it as stolen so it won't be able to be used by anyone on a Canadian carrier.
Userlevel 2
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You can try an app called plan B and remotely install it from your PC but I don't know what versi...

The HTC One V has Android 4.0 (http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one-v/#specs) NOTE: Plan B only works with 2.0 - 2.3 versions of Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.labs.planb&hl=en)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can try an app called plan B and remotely install it from your PC but I don't know what versi...

Ok I wasn't sure if they had updated plan B to work on newer version of Android or what version the One V was running.

So are there any apps that are compatable??

I already tried the android device manager, and it says location unavailable. Another thing, the battery is dead. How does that affect it?

I will do whatever it takes to find that phone. It has a lot of baby pictures on it!
Userlevel 7

Now you'll know to have a cloud service ready for next time... Google Drive was/is very useful for this when I switched around from my S III to Nexus 4 to the HTC One to the LG G2 I'm using now. As is Google+'s picture auto-upload, since you can then choose which photos you want to go public.

so Paul Deschamps, do you mean that i cannot use PLan B on my htc one v?
Userlevel 2

Probably not. If a phone is off with no way of getting it to turn on, there's no way for any system to be able to track a phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No it won't work as its not compatible and like Myke said if it's battery is dead then there's nothing that can be done. Sorry to hear you lost such important pictures but make sure to back up your important pics like Johnathan said. You may have got lucky and have them backed up when you log into your new phone or check under photos in your Google account by logging in online and clicking photos, it's a long shot but definitely worth checking.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Android device manager should be automatically active on any android phone running gingerbread or higher. Definitely worth a try.
gingerbread?
Userlevel 2
Emily Beaulieu wrote:

gingerbread?

Gingerbread is the name of the 2.3 operating system for Android.