Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have a sony ericsson ray locked with Telus. Can I use the phone with Koodo?

I have a sony ericsson ray locked with Telus. Can I use the phone with Koodo without unlocking it? Thanks in advance!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
If you have model number ST18a , then you can use it with koodo. Try your sim or a friends sim first to see if it needs to be unlocked. It may or may not need unlocking. If it does need unlocking Koodo can unlock it for you as long as it's a new activation on a new line for 35$ otherwise look to ebay or cellunlocker.net
Userlevel 3
Hi Chad, I thought I read a few days ago a response from Yannick that said that Koodo will unlock a phone for free if you are opening a new account. Is that finished already ?
Userlevel 7
Fred C wrote:

Hi Chad, I thought I read a few days ago a response from Yannick that said that Koodo will unlock...

I think that's what I said
Userlevel 3
Fred C wrote:

Hi Chad, I thought I read a few days ago a response from Yannick that said that Koodo will unlock...

Sorry Chad, didn't read that right.
Userlevel 7
Fred C wrote:

Do you have a link to his statement ?
Userlevel 5
Fred C wrote:

This is right out of Koodo's FAQ's

If my phone is locked with another wireless carrier, can Koodo unlock my phone?
Yes. If you’re activating a new account with Koodo, we can unlock most phones for free at a Koodo Shop, excluding iPhones.

Userlevel 7
Fred C wrote:

Okay so as long as it's a new account, koodo will unlock
Userlevel 3
Fred C wrote:

I'm quite sure it was Yannick and I don't know how to pull up his posts, but Spence found something.
Userlevel 7
Do you really want to use that phone? That poor thing is suffering in 2015. I recommend you upgrade your device. The only thing the Ray has going for it anymore is the decent camera. Android has evolved quite a bit since 2011.