Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have a samsung galaxy s6. It all of a sudden says it is overheating and can only use phone and text. What happened. please help

I have a samsung galaxy s6. It all of a sudden says it is overheating and can only use phone and text. What happened. please help

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Were you using I intensively at all? Gaming? When it's charging? Video streaming? Does it happen often? Looking at that issue elsewhere if it happens regularly especially you should do a factory reset (back everything up) and if it doesn't stop, especially when not taxing I heavily, it will have to be sent in for warranty. It could be software glitches or a hardware fault like a faulty battery.
all i did was take pics at fireworks. went to view them and it said overheating and can only make calls or text. not even able to click on apps
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Power it off and back on and see if it does it again.
i have tried everything. i put in a warranty claim. just hoping there was something i could do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Valerie Mahy wrote:

i have tried everything. i put in a warranty claim. just hoping there was something i could do.

Without breaking breaking warranty there's nothing beyond a hard factory reset and that's assuming the issue with your phone can Be traced to a software fault/ glitch rather than hardware. It looks like it's very common to send do a warranty claim for this problem so I'd say it's best to leave it at that.
Valerie Mahy wrote:

ok thanks