Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I am not receiving any pictures messages. Any ideas?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I am not receiving any pictures messages. Any ideas?

19 replies

Userlevel 4
Obvious question out of the way... Is the data turned on?
Userlevel 5
HEY there Haley! is your data turned on, go into settings, data usage, there needs to be a checkmark in the box for mobile data 🙂
Yep, data is on! I am receiving text messages and can search the internet. I just am not receiving any picture messages.
Userlevel 2
How long ago has someone tried to send you a picture message?
I have been testing it since yesterday, so yesterday afternoon i know about 3 were sent. And then today within the last hour about 2 more that i never received.
Userlevel 2
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

I have been testing it since yesterday, so yesterday afternoon i know about 3 were sent. And then...

Most I can suggest is to turn on airplane mode for 10 seconds then turn it off and test again. If the issue presists, call Koodo Tech.
The pictures are coming from an iphone though, on a different network. Not sure if that matter.
Userlevel 2
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

The pictures are coming from an iphone though, on a different network. Not sure if that matter.

Those pictures are probably coming through iMessage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

OP has a Android so prolly not iMessage
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

i have received pictures from iphones before, then all the sudden they stopped coming through yesterday afternoon. is there a way for an iphone to send pictures not through imessage? I dont have an iphone so i am a bit of a dud with this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

You mentioned not receiving, but are you able to send?
Userlevel 2
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

@Dennis: Whoops, my bad. Not sure why I thought iPhone, lol.
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

Yes, i am able to send. And the iphone receives the text message. I just don't recieve any iphone to samsung, but samsung to iphone is fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

Is this for both picture messages [b]and text messages? Or just picture messages? This could also be a network issues on their end too. Are the problems specifically with a friend on a particular network?
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

I had network problems yesterday, not being able to send/receive text messages in the afternoon. I have been testing with other phones this afternoon and am waiting to see if i can receive pic messages from other phones. I am able to send one to myself though.
Userlevel 2
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

Definitely give Koodo Tech Support a call. They can troubleshoot the issue & log a ticket to have it looked into further if need be.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

Yes, what Myke said 1-866-995-6636 option 5
Userlevel 6
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

Hi Dennis, technical support is option #6 🙂 Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hayley Scarlett wrote:

Oops! I have been pressing the wrong number this whole time lol Thanks for the heads up Yannick