Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have a question about data usage

If I want data usage turned off at your end as well as my phone I now have to pay for this at $2.00 per month. So I'm paying you NOT to use a service? THis not make any cent. I'm going to charge you $20.00 not to cut your grass.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
There is a total data block available for free I belive. The two dollar data block allows picture messaging to still function. I agree though, this data block shouldn't carry a charge. But it does.
Userlevel 3
Chad Burr wrote:

There is a total data block available for free I belive. The two dollar data block allows pic...

I am pretty sure that doesn't exist anymore. TELUS also charges $2.00 now.

[i]You don't want to pay more for data? Well, we will still make you pay something.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or you could turn off data directly on your phone (which is free) and then pay a 5$ charged because you "accidentally" used data. It's your call.
Userlevel 3
Robert wrote:

Or you could turn off data directly on your phone (which is free) and then pay a 5$ charged becau...

...because there is a bug that falsely charges for 0.01 MB of "data usage."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could consider wireless home phone, prepaid or Public Mobile, which all offer cost free data *blocks*. I too agree charging for a data block is petty, but it's the way it is...
I would like to hear ot Koodo an explanation of what is their cost for block the data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rey Lopez wrote:

I would like to hear ot Koodo an explanation of what is their cost for block the data.

It costs $2 for customers to purchase a data block.
Rey Lopez wrote:

how much data does the $2.00 data block have

Rey Lopez wrote:

It has no data. It is meant to block data from being used. It costs $2 to have this added to your account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rey Lopez wrote:

Normally, to send picture messages from your phone, mobile data has to be ON. If you forget to turn it off after your messaging, well a lot of things can happen, including pushed updates and other data that will cost you $$$. If you leave your data OFF, then no picture messaging can happen.

AFAIK, the $2 data block lets you leave data ON at the phone level, but anything other than the FREE picture messaging data gets blocked by Koodo, so it's really a filter rather an outright block.