Koodo Community

Community

Solved

i have a koodo sim card, will it work on a phone locked to koodo?

If i buy a phone that is locked to koodo, and i have a samsung galaxy s3 with a koodo sim, can i just take the sim out of the s3 and put it in a galaxy s5 that is locked to koodo?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes as I believe the two phones use the same size sim card. If not you can visit a Koodo booth to get the appropriate size or if your handy with a blade, you can cut it down to size there are templates all over online(though easy to do, not the most recommended method)
so then it would be cheaper for me to buy a phone locked to koodo than a unlocked one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alex Bruinekool wrote:

so then it would be cheaper for me to buy a phone locked to koodo than a unlocked one?

That all depends on what phone and where u buy it. Impossible for me to answer that question. But typically unlocked phones are worth somewhat more than locked but there's no fixed value
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alex Bruinekool wrote:

Check out what the market rates are going for right now on Kijiji, Facebook buy/sell groups to get an idea of what would be best for you.
Alex Bruinekool wrote:

Just buy a locked phone and you can unlock it for as little as $3 - $15 depending on the model (for non-iphones) from 3rd party websites.

If you want to unlock an iphone it will cost more with 3rd party unlockers, and it's cheaper directly through Koodo ($35+ tax)
Userlevel 7
Alex Bruinekool wrote:

Koodo can only unlock koodo iphones
Userlevel 7
Alex Bruinekool wrote:

To be fair, Koodo dosn't unlock anyone else's phones anymore... just their own while your still a customer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alex Bruinekool wrote:

Koodo can also unlock Telus iPhones.
Alex Bruinekool wrote:

Not all Koodo reps will unlock a TELUS phone despite identical processes. 

Many reps will NOT lock a TELUS phone (I speak from personal experience).

Koodo reps are only supposed to unlock KOODO LOCKED phones.