Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have a HTC One V - I am unable to attach pictures to messages

I have a HTC One V - and as of yesterday I am unable to attach pictures to messages - I select attach from gallery try to select the photo and I get a "please wait" message that takes me back to the main gallery screen

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Have you tried turning your phone off and restarting it?
Hi Chad, thanks for your feedback... yes I have turned it on and off a few times,  I have also turned it off and removed and reinserted both the sim and microsd cards.
Userlevel 7
Elizabeth Friesen wrote:

Hi Chad, thanks for your feedback... yes I have turned it on and off a few times,  I have al...

Try using a different Messaging App like gosms or chomp. Try settings... Apps... Navigate to the messaging app. Clear the cache and data, this may delete your existing messages if that's important to you. Also ensure you have more than 20mb of storage available because under that, androids get wonky. Try deleting apps you don't use.
Elizabeth Friesen wrote:

Hi Chad, thanks for your feedback... yes I have turned it on and off a few times,  I have al...

I have cleared the cache and deleted all existing messages. I have cleared /deleted apps not in use,  I have transferred any apps that I could to the SD card.  And i only have 5 apps on the home screen.  Still not able to attach photos. Previously when attaching photos there is  white circle top right of the image - it would have a green checkmark - the circle is no longer there for selection
Userlevel 7
Elizabeth Friesen wrote:

Try grabbing Chomp from the play store and see if that works. Other thing to try is open the gallery and choose to share the picture with the messaging app.
Elizabeth Friesen wrote:

Thanks Chad,  I downloaded chomp and can now send pics as an attachment,  but now I am thinking that another issue might be with the Gallery App,  I can select photos for sharing either bluetooth, gmail chomp etc.  - but when i select next, I go back to the "albums screen". - any suggestions on how to update the gallery app,  I did look on GooglePlay but could not find the same app update.
Userlevel 7
Elizabeth Friesen wrote:

You could try clearing the cache and data for the gallery app as well but make sure you backup your photos first
Elizabeth Friesen wrote:

I actually transferred all my photos to my computer last week,  my phone was running soooo slow,  I tried to clear all the caches, data and apps that I could.

Can you think of any other solutions? Any help appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Elizabeth Friesen wrote:

Honestly, upgrade

You must have some positive tab balance by now. There are so many lower cost quality devices these days

The Moto x play comes to mind
Elizabeth Friesen wrote:

Thanks Chad,  I will checkit out!

Userlevel 7
Elizabeth Friesen wrote:

Also check out the Moto G and Moto E Any modern device will be a huge upgrade to your One V