Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have a Alcatel onetouch phone and I cannot connect to the internet. It connects and disconnects many times a day.

I have a Alcatel onetouch phone and I cannot connect to the internet. I tried calling my provider and they are not sure ethier. any advice? the internet comes and then disconnects many times a day

15 replies

I have tried restarting my phone many times and turned wifi on and off and still does not work.  could it just be the phone not working?
Userlevel 7
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

I have tried restarting my phone many times and turned wifi on and off and still does not work. &...

When you say connect yo the internet do you mean wifi or network data or both? Also, who is your carrier?
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

I have tried restarting my phone many times and turned wifi on and off and still does not work. &...

I meant both and I am through delta cable
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

More WiFi
Userlevel 7
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

Wifi connections can be tricky because alot depends on your router and the building you live in. For instance my mother in laws home is 100years old and the signal could not penetrate throughout the house. We eventually had to install another router downstairs and use it in bridge mode, like a repeater. If you have a very old router you may want to consider replacing it, they don't last forever. One trick I still use is having my router on a timer that shuts power down to it each morning between 3-315. This lets the router reboot daily when no one is likely using It. What model is your One Touch? You can find this on the back plate or under the battery. Who is your cell service provider?
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

My battery is built in.
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

Cell service provider is koodo and cable through delta cable
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

Its a idolx
Userlevel 7
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

I have an Idol x plus also The wifi on that phone is wonky and sometimes cuts out while it's sleeping even if you have it set not too. Same with the data connection to Koodo. If your in an area that predominantly uses LTE the connection will be super slow even though it shows full bars.
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

Mine isnt just slow It just doesn't connect. I have to try and reconnect to the internet four or five times a day
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

It often says connecting and just doesn't and then I have to turn everything off and on again and it's frustrating having to do that everyday and often.
Userlevel 7
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

Your mobile data shuts down?
Userlevel 7
If your mobile data is disconnecting and you keep having to reboot then something is wrong with the device. The idol xplus has a two year warranty. You may want to send it in to see if something can be done. Wifi disconnecting could be anything but you should have a stable data connection if you have service.
Not the data just the WiFi is disconnecting
Userlevel 7
Kimberly Verbeek wrote:

Not the data just the WiFi is disconnecting

Try restarting your router