Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have a 25 prepaid account balance my account has expired and I'm wondering how do I use that money to buy my base plan again for the month

I have 25$ in my prepaid account balance. My account has expired and I'm wondering how do I use that money to buy my base plan again for the month

10 replies

Badge +4
Hey Chris, Check it again. I was experiencing the same problem earlier this morning, but it looks like the system has corrected itself a few minutes ago. If you're still experiencing this issue, you'll have to contact Koodo customer service. *611 from your phone. Hours of operation (Eastern Standard Time) Monday − Friday: 9 am - 9 pm Saturday: 9 am - 7 pm Sunday: 9 am - 7 pm
Userlevel 3
Hi Rikkster or other prepaid Masters. Last month I switched from post paid to prepaid. My auto top-up for the $15 occurred today. I notice that I have a credit for $3.00. I assumed that the discount would come off the current auto top up. Thinking about that I realize that would be a bookkeeping nightmare. I checked the FAQ, the Koodo site and this forum to see how to use it, like Chris asked, to eventually top up boosters and cannot find the explanation. Can you explain that for me. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Fred C wrote:

Hi Rikkster or other prepaid Masters. Last month I switched from post paid to prepaid. My auto to...

It's not a discount on your plan for auto top-up. You get a 10% bonus. So if you topped up $15 last month, you got a $1.50 bonus. Then another this month which makes $3.
Userlevel 3
Fred C wrote:

Hi Rikkster or other prepaid Masters. Last month I switched from post paid to prepaid. My auto to...

Thanks Ahmad, so how do you use it up or what can you use it for when it gets to be like the OP with $ 25
Userlevel 7
Fred C wrote:

Boosters or you can stop the auto-top up for a month and let it be used for the base plan renewal
Badge +4
Hi Fred, you can use the accumulated credit, (10% bonus) to buy booster add-ons or a baseplan. Talk booster add-ons range in price from $5 to $25 and data booster add-ons range in price from $10 to $30. In two months time you'll be able to buy a $5 talk booster add-on, for example. Chris's situation is a little different. He was referring to having funds already available for the $25 baseplan, yet the system somehow missed it and the account showed up as being expired.
Userlevel 3
Thanks Rikkster, that's a lot clearer now.
Badge +4
Fred C wrote:

You're welcome Fred.
Fred C wrote:

what is top up and basic plan all about I get charge for top up every month but not basic plan why is that
Fred C wrote:

this is no help to me