Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have a $150 Best Buy gift card, need a new phone and want the best deal......what would you do?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can use BB.gift card only at BB. 
Are you a Koodo customer?   Do you want to upgrade your phone?
What type of phone do you want to get?
I am a Koodo customer, I have a Galaxy3 (which I've been happy with) and need an upgrade. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Boba Buey wrote:

I am a Koodo customer, I have a Galaxy3 (which I've been happy with) and need an upgrade. Thanks

Consider the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo as your upgrade option, if you've been happy with Samsung. It's waterproof and dustproof. Your.gift card should nicely reduce the price for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Boba Buey wrote:

What is your budget like? There are many phones on sale now.
If I use Tab M, I would go Galaxy S6 🙂
Userlevel 6
Boba Buey wrote:

From experience, the Best Buy.gift card cannot be redeemed towards paying a Koodo tab when doing the activation/upgrade.
You can buy a phone out-right (Best Buy often has several budget phones available on pre-paid, sometimes they get some phones returned that they'll sell for less as an "open box"). Those you can use the BB.gift card.
Are you certain you want to stick to Samsung? The S5 Neo is okay...but overpriced for a phone with only 16 GB internal storage. The S6 would be better value under current promotions. If you're open to a different brand, LG G5 and Moto Z Play are also nicely priced at a tab 15 (medium). LG G5 is online only, though.
Best Buy does not sell pre-paid credit cards, meaning there's no way to use Best Buy.gift cards to make a payment to the carrier, or redeem towards anything outside of their store.
Userlevel 7
Boba Buey wrote:

If you need to pay part of the phone (200$ with a tab for example), you can use a BB.gift card towards that amount. However, in third-party stores such as best-buy, you must use the full tab (you have to put 360$ towards a tab medium, or 504$ towards a tab large. You can't say you just want to put 200$ towards the tab), so you can't reduce the cost of the tab with the.gift card.