Koodo Community

Community

I get message to say I need an active booster plan to get my voicemail messages. Calls are going direct to voicemail.

I am now being told I need an active booster plan to get my voicemail messages - since when??, When I call my phone it goes direct to my voicemail, the phone's settings are normal so it's not the phone.  I have plenty of money in my prepaid account. 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Login to self serve and see if you have an active booster plan. You may have to manually select one as it doesn't seem to be auto renewing.
Badge +4
Hi Laura,

Baseplans renew every 30 days. If you've registered for automatic top-ups, the baseplan will automatically renew. Talk and data booster add-ons do not expire. However, once you've used up all of the minutes in a talk booster, talk boosters do not auto-renew. The same applies for data boosters once you've exhausted the data allotment.  
When you login to your prepaid self serve account, check the Overview page and look under the heading; Current Booster Add-on(s). Click on the button; Add Booster Add-on(s). If you don't use your phone much for talking, select the $5 - 25 anytime minutes’ option. This will allow you to retrieve your voicemail messages.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies, however, this is a new thing, I never had booster add-ons, I always just had a prepaid baseplan that automatically renews each month.  I don't know why it's changed and I have had no communication from Koodo to say it has changed.  
Badge +4
Laura Morrison wrote:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies, however, this is a new thing, I never had booster add-ons,...

You're welcome, Laura. 

The other possibility is that after registering your credit card or Visa Debit card with your Koodo prepaid self serve account, you were given a complimentary 100 minute talk booster add-on. The minutes have likely run out which is why the system is now asking for a talk booster.

Laura Morrison wrote:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies, however, this is a new thing, I never had booster add-ons,...

I don't know because I've been on this plan for a couple of years now, granted I don't use the phone that much, but I would have thought I would have run out of minutes before now.  The last time i used the phone to call was January 2017. 
Badge +4
Laura Morrison wrote:

Have you logged into your prepaid self account lately, Laura?

It's a good idea to login to your prepaid self serve account to check which baseplan you have, track how many minutes you have remaining in your talk booster, or to purchase a talk booster. Since you're a light phone user, a periodic check once or twice every few months is all that's needed to make sure that your account is in good order. 

Click the 'Self Serve' link at the very top of this page and to the right of the Koodo Mobile logo. Select 'Prepaid customer' to get started.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Which base plan are you on? Unless you are on one of the more expensive ones that includes calling minutes, Rikkster's answer is correct. It's it possible that you received a certain number of booster minutes when you signed up? Perhaps as part of a promotional offer?
I don't know because I've been on this plan for a couple of years now, granted I don't use the phone that much, but I would have thought I would have run out of minutes before now.  The last time i used the phone to call was January 2017.