Koodo Community

Community

I dropped my phone in a bucket of water. What are my options?

I BOUGHT A SAMSUNG GALAXY 5 NEO IN NOVEMBER AND TODAY MY PHONE FELT INTO A BUCKET OF WATER. I CAN'T TURN IT ON NOW. I HAVE IT IN A BAG OF RICE ,THAT'S WHAT THEY TOLD ME TO DO FOR THE MOISTER. DO I HAVE A WARRANTY ON ANY IDEA HOW TO FIX IT?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aye, I'm afraid dropping a phone in the water is not covered unless you took out extended warranty, Jimmy. Let's hope it will work again, otherwise you'd need to pay for the repair 😞
Sophia wrote:

Aye, I'm afraid dropping a phone in the water is not covered unless you took out extended warrant...

THANK YOU SOPHIA 😞 ANY GOOD STORE FOR REPAIR? IN VERNON,BC
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

Aye, I'm afraid dropping a phone in the water is not covered unless you took out extended warrant...

Kijiji has one. It's for Koodo and it's right in Vernon

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone/ver...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it fell in a bucket of water and doesn't end up working it may be cheaper to just buy the phone again. That said you could take it to Koodo and they will send it away and they can get a estimated price for the repair and will call you before the work is everything done to see if you ok the repair and willing to pay that amount.
Userlevel 5
But the s5 Neo is water resistant, to a certain time/depth.  I would think that there would be some sort of warranty....?
Userlevel 7
The warranty does not cover accidental damage. Only manufacturer defects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No one guarantees their water / dust resistances and I think also it being resistant rather than proof is also how they get out of it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
According to IP ratings IP67 will protect against accidental immersion in water up to 1 metre in depth for 30 minutes. I would strongly recommend taking this up with Samsung.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have contacted Samsung Canada for you. They realize that it has an IP 67 rating and "would suggest you to visit a service center and get the device diagnosed and fixed." Unfortunately there are no service centers in Vernon, BC so they gave me their dedicated support number for you to call instead.

"Dedicated phone support number is 1-800-726-7864, 8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)"
Allan wrote:

I have contacted Samsung Canada for you. They realize that it has an IP 67 rating and "would sugg...

thank you so much!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well then glad to have been stood corrected. Everything I've seen is OEMs try to worm out of it if water resistance ratings fail