Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I don't receive calls or texts in wifi sometimes but can send them.

I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 and it is faulty. When in wifi sometimes I don't receive calls or texts I can send them but not receive. I have to either restart my phone or diable wifi. How can I get it fixed. I Google searched and it appears to be a common issue with these phones.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
If a Google search reveals it's a common issue with that phone then you'll have to wait for Samsung to push out an update. If you feel adventurous and don't mind possibly voiding your warranty, you could try to see if there is a Third party ROM (firmware) available for your device. These ROMs are usually community based and add a lot of features or just give you plain vanilla android. Be warned though, installing a romnhas the potential to turn your Samsung into a paperweight.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Lisa.

For more information about Chad's idea head here : http://forum.xda-developers.com

You might be confused at first because it's tech related forum, but there's always a first time.

Happy surfing. 
I pay for warranty I don't want to do anything outside of it. I was hoping I could get it sent off to be fixed but I assume I have to call or go into koodo for that. The problem is become more consistent and I'm missing important calls and not even knowing it until days later.
Userlevel 7
Lisa Dew wrote:

I pay for warranty I don't want to do anything outside of it. I was hoping I could get it sent of...

Backup anything important and factory reset your device.

If the problem persists, you'll need to send the device in for warranty service. You'll have to either call koodo or bring the device to a koodo kiosk to arrange for warranty service.