Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I'd like to upgrade to a Nexus 6

I'm planning on upgrading from my Moto G soon, and I have been looking forward to the Nexus 6. I know Telus already has it, and Telus owns Koodo, so when will we be seeing the Nexus 6 here? I'd like to upgrade sometime before the new year, so I may have to look for another carrier, which I wouldn't like as I like the cheaper plans offered by Koodo. I know this has been asked before, but none had clear answers, they said it would be updated with any new information but no new information has been posted.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Unfortunately, until koodo makes some sort of official announcement, no one knows. You can always buy it directly from Google.
Chad Burr wrote:

Unfortunately, until koodo makes some sort of official announcement, no one knows. You can alw...

Yeah, that's what I thought... if they don't get it soon, I may buy it unlocked online and take it into a store, but I'd prefer to get it on the tab to save some money.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Unfortunately, until koodo makes some sort of official announcement, no one knows. You can alw...

Well, you can get a different phone on the tab and sell it. Then use the proceeds towards the nexus 6
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Too bad you cant even get it online from Google (out of stock for a while now) 😞 https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_6_32GB_Cloud_White?id=nexus_6_white_32gb
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Yeah it seems their stock is all being focused on keeping carriers fully stocked, I wouldn't expect it in the playstore again until the new year. Would love to see Koodo begin carrying it but it would be hard to switch from my Note 4 which has a much better display, camera, S-Pen features and battery life, but the Nexus 6 does however have front facing speakers which are a big deal and what I miss most from my HTC ONE M8.
Any word if Koodo will be having the Nexus 6 in its Android line up?. Thanks
tech3835 wrote:

Any word if Koodo will be having the Nexus 6 in its Android line up?. Thanks

As someone said before, you could always buy the phone from Google. Of course, since it's rarely in stock, you could always buy it from Telus and use a Koodo sim on it. I eventually decided against the Nexus 6 and went with the Moto X 2014. I bought it for full price from Telus, and got a Koodo sim for it without having to unlock as Koodo is owned by Telus.