Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I cannot receive MMS on my Galaxy S4

Hi everyone, I have been a customer of Koodo since 2009. I used to have an S3 and I was able to receive picture messages. I switched to a new S4 and I was receiving pictures messages, too. All of a sudden, someone would send a picture and it would show it downloading in the messaging conversation box, then it would disappear. I have 3GBs of data included in my plan, as well as unlimited messaging both SMS and MMS. I need to know a.) why this is happening, and b.) how I can fix it so that I can start receiving pictures again. Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi Noah, is your data turned on? Check via your settings for that
Of course it is on
sometimes if the person tries to send it 4 times it eventually comes through.
Userlevel 4
Noah Coones wrote:

Of course it is on

I'm asking because believe it or not people are leery with data and turn it off to avoid data charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You tried a pulling the battery and sim for a few mins and trying again? Are you using the Stock messaging app? have you tried a different messaging app?
Userlevel 5
it might be an APN issue, make sure it matches this Koodo Mobile Name: Koodo SP APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 Username: Password: Server: MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 MCC : 302 MNC : 220 APN type: default,mms