Koodo Community

Community

I can't make or recive calls

I recently(13/01/17) purchased a self service/pay-as-you-go sim from the Koodo shop on Saint-Jean Rue Quebec City and was assured it would work with my phone, a Motorola Moto E (android). I took the card home and activated it with a $15 a month baseplan and added a 500mb and 25min booster pack (plus a bonus 100mins). I am able to use the data to surf the net and send and receive sms/text messages, but I cannot make or receive phone calls? I took the phone back to the shop on Saint-Jean Rue but the chap there couldn't rectify the issue. Is there anything that can be done to solve my problem?(I've tried turning it off and back on again

27 replies

Userlevel 7
What happens when you attempt a call? Did you check your self serve to see if those boosters you added are active?
When I try and call the phone says it's dialing for about 25 seconds though there's silence on the line, then it just beeps and cuts. The boosters are active, the guy in the shop verified that.
Userlevel 7
Hywel wrote:

When I try and call the phone says it's dialing for about 25 seconds though there's silence on t...

When you went to the shop, did the rep try your sim in another phone?
Hywel wrote:

When I try and call the phone says it's dialing for about 25 seconds though there's silence on t...

yep
Userlevel 7
Hywel wrote:

And was he able to make a call?
Hywel wrote:

yes, he got through to *611 to check the boosters. The phone worked fine for calls. texts and data with my previous sim.
Userlevel 7
Hywel wrote:

Then the problem is likely your phone. Check your call settings and make sure no blocks are in place. How long have you had this phone?
Hywel wrote:

It's all clear and I've been able to make calls with it in Canada before, it's a couple of years old.
Userlevel 7
Hywel wrote:

Yup so if the sim works in other phones then your phone may have malfunctioned. Return to the store and ask the rep to use his sim in your phone and call anyone. Two or three years is basically end of life for some devices.
Hywel wrote:

nope, the phone's fine, I can pop my UK sim card in and make (all be it very expensive) calls.
Userlevel 7
Hywel wrote:

Wow that's odd. I'll flag this post with our liaison and see if someone can jump in and help.
Hywel wrote:

Im having issues at my place right now with Koodo last day or two.  Doesnt make calls anymore.  Shows bars but not connecting calls.  What the f Koodo...Im running a business here and theres no info on why this is happening.  Cant call help line clearly.  Phone is fine as far as I know.  I live in Browns flat New Brunswick if that helps...506 260 9464  if you could have someone look into this and or try to call me I would appreciate it as Im up shit creek right now.  Would be nice to know issues with lines etc posted on your site or something.
Thanks
Hywel wrote:

also its 930 here I call koodo and its closed wtf ???  you guys gotta get your shit together or im switching networks for sure!

Userlevel 7
Hywel wrote:

Hywel what model of Moto E do you have? Look under settings...about
Hywel wrote:

2nd Generation
Userlevel 7
Hywel wrote:

But what's the model number...where did you get your phone
Hywel wrote:

Moto E (2nd Generation) with 4G LTE is all it says in the model number area, the phone was purchased in the UK
Userlevel 7
Hywel wrote:

You should be able to make calls. According to our liaison everything is fine with your account.

I have to go back to say the issue is your phone. How many bars do you have? Edit: or your sim
Hywel wrote:

full bars
Userlevel 7
Hywel wrote:

First I'd suggest that you replace your sim, maybe it's faulty. Take your phone to a mall and ask at other carriers ( other than Telus) if you can try their sim in your phone. If the problem persists I'd do a factory reset on the phone. If it still happens then replace the phone. You may not have an issue with your UK sim because of the network you're connected to while roaming. It may use other frequencies. Let me know what happens
Hywel wrote:

Ok, there's a Rogers shop near work I'll give them a go. Should I be able to get a refund from Koodo?
Userlevel 7
Hywel wrote:

Unfortunately not with prepaid. You can try contacting Koodo via social media and tag this thread but I can't promise anything other than a reply
Userlevel 7
Hywel, so what happened?
no update on the situation, if koodo don't get back to me soon I'll take my business elsewhere.
Userlevel 7
Hywel wrote:

no update on the situation, if koodo don't get back to me soon I'll take my business elsewhere.

What happened at Rogers?