Koodo Community
Solved

I can't get LTE on my Nexus 5

Hey everyone, I just joined Koodo on the weekend here in Ottawa and got the $45 plan for my Nexus 5. However, I can't seem to get LTE on it at all. I had no problems getting LTE on the phone when I was with Rogers just last week. Right now, the phone is always switching from HSPA to 3G. I have verified the APN settings are correct unless there is something I am missing. Anybody have any idea what I could be doing wrong? Or could it be the SIM?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm sure you've already verified this section too considering you've already verified the APN, but just in case: Settings > Data Usage > Cellular networks (in dropdown menu) > Preferred network type > "LTE (Recommended)"
Aaron wrote:

I'm sure you've already verified this section too considering you've already verified the APN, bu...

Yes I have, but thanks for the reply. I am not getting good reception at work where I used to get great LTE reception. This is very annoying
Userlevel 1
Aaron wrote:

I'm sure you've already verified this section too considering you've already verified the APN, bu...

You're welcome. As a Nexus 5 owner myself, I too have noticed slightly weaker reception in comparison to my Galaxy SII X. Could be the result of them cheaping out on the phone's antenna. I am unable to receive true LTE at work myself. However, anywhere outside of work I can pick it up no problem.