Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I can't call or text but have data working.

Alright. My phone was working fine the night before and when I woke up I no longer was able to send/receive phone calls and text messages. I am able to hook up to LTE without any issues. I've called the Koodo support, and they made me turn the phone off, and on, and even changed the sim card to no avail. I've done a complete reset of the phone as well. I am also up to date with all my bills. Any suggestion? Extra info: Nexus 5 with android L (5.0)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Try switching from LTE over to 3g in settings It should look something like this 'GSM/WCDMA'. This might seem strange but it's worth a try.
Wow it worked. Does this mean that I need to stay or 3g? Or can I also use LTE now? Thank you so much btw. This has been driving me mental.
Userlevel 7
IsykickI . wrote:

Wow it worked. Does this mean that I need to stay or 3g? Or can I also use LTE now? Thank yo...

You may be in an area where LTE service is spotty or something has changed geography wise around the tower you normally connect to. Or the tower may be malfunctioning. You should contac koodo texh support again and let them know that this worked out. That way they can issue a service ticket to check towers near you. Oh and Daniel Kim is awesome!
Userlevel 7
IsykickI . wrote:

Wow it worked. Does this mean that I need to stay or 3g? Or can I also use LTE now? Thank yo...

No problem Isykicki and thanks Chad 🙂