Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I bought data for my prepaid phone and it won't work. It did before now it won't. please help.

data problem

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Is your phone a Koodo phone or an unlocked phone? Was it recently factory reset?
koodo phone from walmart and i samsung just fixed it and sent it back to me.
here is the Model Number / Numéro de modèle: SGH-S730HKMKDO if that helps?
Userlevel 6
Hi there, can you check if data is enabled in your phone? Go to System settings ➔ Data usage. Thank you! 
I have done that. Turned it on still won't work. That's why I can't figure it out. Very frustrating!
Userlevel 6
Mackenzie Leigh Bushey Murphy wrote:

I have done that. Turned it on still won't work. That's why I can't figure it out. Very frustrati...

Can you check if the APN settings are properly set in your phone http://koo.do/1RfGEQ5? Thank you! 

I have done that. Turned it on still won't work. That's why I can't figure it out. Very frustrati...

ok i did step #1 but where do i do step #2? 
Userlevel 5

Hey Mackenzie! When you are in the  Access Point Name tab, you should have an option to edit the access point. What model of Samsung phone do you have exactly?
Userlevel 6

Anna it's a Galaxy Discover !
Userlevel 5

Thanks Mitchell! Mackenzie, once you click on Access Point Names tab and a new screen opens, you need to click to the bottom left of your screen (button next to the HOME button), which will prompt another tab to open with the options for "New APN" and "Reset to Default". If you click on "New APN" you will be able to enter the settings that Yannick directed you to 🙂
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!!!!! REALLY APPRECIATE IT. #AWESOMEKOODOCOMMUNITY #KOODOROCKS