Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I bought a new Sim card, it worked fine for a few weeks but all of a sudden it will no longer connect to the network. any ideas?

I bought a new Sim card, it worked fine for a few weeks but all of a sudden it will no longer connect to the network. should I just buy a new Sim card?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try this first before spending any penny: [b]Android phone surgery 101 - no $$$ necessary: 1) Shut down the phone. Open the back. Pull the battery (if easily accessible). Pull the sim card. 2) Go have a coffee or make a sandwich. If you are on a diet, skip the sandwich. 3) If you want to be really productive, now would be a good time to change that screen protector that looks a little ratty around the edges. 4) Re-assemble and re-start. Let us know if this works for you or not. There are more steps we can suggest, but doing too much at once usually ends up complicating/obscuring things rather than being helpful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If BobTheElectrician's suggestion doesn't solve your issue, try a store SIM card at a Koodo kiosk. If it works, then buy a replacement (no sense in buying a new on if the SIM isn't the cause of your problem). If you purchased the phone secondhand, make sure it hasn't been blacklisted: http://www.protectyourdata.ca/check-the-status-of-your-device-in-canada/