Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I bought a $50 Visa Vanilla gift card so I could buy a 500mb data booster for my account and its not accepting the card.

All i have is a base plan of 15 a month for unlimited texting and i have an Lg G3

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Kyle, that is is the one of two prepaid cards we do not accept. We had too much trouble with them Any other brand should work.

http://help.koodomobile.com/self-serve/Billing-and-Payment/How-do-I-pay-my-bill-2
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@Kyle, that is is the one of two prepaid cards we do not accept. We had too much trou...

Hints as to the other brand so people can be steered away from cards you will not accept?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@Kyle, that is is the one of two prepaid cards we do not accept. We had too much trou...

Huh? Sorry Bob, not following. 🙂 Care to elaborate?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Prepaid VISA brands that are not acceptable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

• With a prepaid credit card. (Excludes Ideal Choice and Vanilla prepaid credit cards. Some companies may charge a transaction fee. Please contact the prepaid credit card issuer directly for details.)
Bernard wrote:

that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I just got a $200 card for nothing. i have not been impressed sinse the day i signed up
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Is the issue you got a 200 dollar card that Koodo will not accept? Well if a company has issues with x brand then it is issues I suppose. You can still use it to pay for most things without issue and use online banking to pay your bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@Amber
Did you receive $200 Vanilla.gift card?  Then you should use it as soon as possible.

This's happened to me long time ago, but I have to tell you.  My daughter received Vanilla.gift card as a BD.gift and haven't used for a long while. Then when we are ready to use it... poof!, the amount was all gone under the name of "monthly fee". (They shouldn't do that!!!  And I didn't think they can do that!)

Buy a visa.gift card with your vanilla.gift card or any other stuff that you can/want.