Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I am very tired of paying for a phone i havnt used in months.. Plz help

my cell phone broke in July... we have been paying for geeksquad and they were suppose to send me a new one within 2 weeks.... now 5 and a half months later, i still do not have a phone.. we went into best buy 2 months ago, and they told me they would ship one right away.... I am very tired of paying for a phone i havnt used in months.. Plz help

8 replies

Userlevel 6
I believe you will have to go through Best Buy on this, as GeekSquad is their company. 

That being said, is it close to upgrade time for you?  Maybe you should just upgrade and get a new phone and maybe some kind of promo offer (depending on where you go)
i've tried contacting them about 3 times, and get nowhere... still have another year until i can upgrade..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm curious why you didn't go Koodo store for repair?
if you brought it to Koodo, then you could have loaner phone while it's repair
Was it physical damage that wasn't covered by warranty?.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

if you brought it to Koodo, then you could ...

Sounds like Nicole bought a warranty from Best Buy not Koodo. 
Mayumi wrote:

i didnt buy it at a koodo store, we had bought it at best buy-koodo kiosk... so i thought it would make sence to bring it back there. they just brought one of the geek squad techs over and he told me they would send a box, then just mail my phone out in it. when i went in the second time, they told me my new phone got lost in the mail and they would send a new one.. and everytimei call or try to track the number they gave me, nothing comes up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

If I were you, I just go over Best Buy and demand a new phone (on them).
They didn't inform your when your new phone got lost in the mail until you contacted them? (It's sound like big lie/excuse to me.)
And leave you without phone for 5 months? What kind of service is that?
You should talk to management to make an official complain at Best Buy.

Userlevel 7
BTW there is no timer frame in which you can upgrade...you van do so anytime
Chad Burr wrote:

BTW there is no timer frame in which you can upgrade...you van do so anytime

yeah but i'd have to pay over 200$ and right now i cant do that..