Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I am not primary holder of account but want to purchase new phone

Hello, I am looking to purchase a new phone to replace my galaxy s3. The only problem is that the account is under my mothers name and therefore I am unable to go into the store to buy the phone myself. Is there any way that I would be able to purchase the phone by myself?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can take your Mom with you 🙂 If you are older than 18 or 19 (depending on your province) you can ask her to make you a shared account holder and you'll be able to purchase a phone... those are the two possibilities I'm afraid unless you want to buy a prepaid phone (more expensive) or from a third party!
We are in different provinces unfortunately. How do I go about becoming a shared account holder.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
tim kebbel wrote:

We are in different provinces unfortunately. How do I go about becoming a shared account holder.

Your mother will have to contact Koodo to make you an authorized user. Have her call *611 🙂
tim kebbel wrote:

Thanks. She was successful in doing so. Now I am able to go to any koodo booth and purchase a new phone?