Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I am in Poland and trying to send TXT15 to 7626 and it is not sending.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Find a computer or a wifi connection and sign into your self serve. Go to add ons and add the free international voice roaming add on. Without this add on you will be unable to call or text when outside of Canada/USA.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Find a computer or a wifi connection and sign into your self serve. Go to add ons and add the fre...

Not working for me. I cannotnot message through wifi.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Find a computer or a wifi connection and sign into your self serve. Go to add ons and add the fre...

Could you provide a little more detail and create a new thread so we can further assist you?
Userlevel 7
I believe that the actual text activation also only works in North America, so while you are in self serve you will also have to add the add-on that you wanted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

I believe that the actual text activation also only works in North America, so while you are in s...

You are correct - text activation must be done before leaving.
Userlevel 4
Hi Robert, I added the voice roaming capability for you, you should now be able to connect to a local network and send out the text to purchase the TXT15 add-on. Remember, if you do not add the $15 text add-on, any outgoing text you send (except the ones to 7626) will be charged 60cents each.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Levis wrote:

Hi Robert, I added the voice roaming capability for you, you should now be able to connect to a l...

Hello Levis. So to confirm, Koodo users can now send text activation codes while roaming on another carrier? Are there any restrictions or caveats?
Userlevel 4
Levis wrote:

Hi Robert, I added the voice roaming capability for you, you should now be able to connect to a l...

They can indeed, as long as they are provisioned with the "voice roaming" capability first. This add-on will authenticate the customer on a local network, making pay-per-use usage available. They can then purchase a roaming add-on via text. It is easier to sent the activation text before leaving, as the add-on you choose will also automatically provisioned you with the voice roaming (and data if applicable) capability 🙂
Levis wrote:

The add on is not working. I still cannot send the text to 7626
Levis wrote:

Thanks for the help 🙂
Levis wrote:

I've changed network type from GSM and WCDMA to LTE and both.. restarted.. tried calling *611 at which point it tells me I am not registered on the network
Levis wrote:

I had to tell it to use Tmobile.pl. thanks again for the help 🙂