Koodo Community

Community

I am having trouble sending texts in Italy, what could be the problem?

Texting internationally is a problem

10 replies

I should have added that i keep getting this error message "can't send message with CARD 1 error 8"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have international pay per use long distance and international voice roaming added in add-ons via self-serve? Be sure to toggle airplane mode after you do so if you haven't already. Do you have a dual Sim phone?
I have international voice roaming but not sure about pay per use long distance, but I think so. Re: airplane mode, do you mean I should make sure it's not engaged? It certainly isn't on airplane mode, since I'm able to use wifi with it. I have a google pixel phone. I think it only has one SIM card, and I'm not sure how to access it.
I'm still waiting for some help. I can't find out how to add International Pay-per-use to my account, which might solve my problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you look in add-ons in your selfjsserve account for it? I mean turn it on and turn it off (toggle ) so it can reconnect under having roaming enabled. You can also take the sim card out and put it back in after 10 seconds and restart.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goto Shop > Add-ons > International Add-ons. You will see the two options Koodo offers. 
You can also add the offers through self serve, and will need to ensure you add the free “International Voice Roaming" and / or the free “International Data Roaming” add on (click here to know how) . Note that buying any of the Travel Add-ons only nets you a savings on your roaming fees, it does not change anything about the ability of the phone to roam. Without the Voice / Text / Data Add-on, you can still roam at pay-per-use prices.
I have activated the International voice roaming but it still doesn't work!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vivian Lee wrote:

Could you let us know if you toggled airpkane mode, pulled out the sim card, put it back in and restarted your phone?
Vivian Lee wrote:

Having same issue here in Rome. How do you pull out SIM card?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vivian Lee wrote:

Depends on your phone but almost all phones these days have a sim tray and you'd use a pin or extractor pin to pop it out. You can quickly google "how to remove sim for phone x"