Koodo Community
Solved

I am having problems with texts not going through

For some reason my texts are failing and this has never happened?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 24 April 2021, 20:56

Is everything else working on your phone like phone calls and data?

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For some reason my texts are failing and this has never happened?

Which phone are you using? Are you switching from iOS to Android?

Samsun FE20 brand new

Yes it is only started to happen. It is only with certain contacts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Samsun FE20 brand new

Try these methods and see if it works. https://thedroidguy.com/galaxy-s20-cannot-send-text-messages-quick-fixes-1124620

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have your data turned on or are you connected to the internet?

Most newer Android now come with "chat features" turned on by default, a feature similar to imessage and it can sometimes act up if you don't have some sort of internet or data connection when trying to send/receive texts.

I have the same problem since switching to the Samsung S20 FE edition. If I send a text to an Android user the text message goes out no problem, if the user happens to have an iPhone it won’t go through. I have to restart the phone and it works after that. I have tested it with 6 contacts (3 androids and 3 iPhone users), The 3 Android users got my text, the 3 iPhone users got the error “couldn’t send message”. After restarting the phone I was able to send text messages to those Iphon users. 

This has been going on since I switch to this new Samsung phone, I’ve had this issue 6 times in 2 months. I previously had the HUAWEI for 2 yrs with no issues but this is becoming a PITA that I have to restart the phone for it to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same problem since switching to the Samsung S20 FE edition. If I send a text to an Android user the text message goes out no problem, if the user happens to have an iPhone it won’t go through. I have to restart the phone and it works after that. I have tested it with 6 contacts (3 androids and 3 iPhone users), The 3 Android users got my text, the 3 iPhone users got the error “couldn’t send message”. After restarting the phone I was able to send text messages to those Iphon users. 

This has been going on since I switch to this new Samsung phone, I’ve had this issue 6 times in 2 months. I previously had the HUAWEI for 2 yrs with no issues but this is becoming a PITA that I have to restart the phone for it to work.

The problem could be from the texting app. Are you using the Samsung app (included with the phone)? I would suggest you try the Google Message app from the App store.

Another way is to try to clear the cache of the Samsung message app and see if that help.

My husband and I are also having problems with texts not going through.  He has a Pixel 3, I have a Pixel 4a, both phones work fine otherwise, no problems with data/wi-fi/cellular.  We text each other several times during the day and in the last couple of days, we are both getting “messages not sent” indicators when trying to text each other.  Our service has been in place for years and nothing else has changed. We have re-booted both phones.  The fact that others are having the same issue with different phones makes me think there is some kind of Telus-based network issue.

I would love to get more information on this as it is very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My husband and I are also having problems with texts not going through.  He has a Pixel 3, I have a Pixel 4a, both phones work fine otherwise, no problems with data/wi-fi/cellular.  We text each other several times during the day and in the last couple of days, we are both getting “messages not sent” indicators when trying to text each other.  Our service has been in place for years and nothing else has changed. We have re-booted both phones.  The fact that others are having the same issue with different phones makes me think there is some kind of Telus-based network issue.

Is this error happening with anyone else you text or just between you and your husband?

The problem could be from the texting app. Are you using the Samsung app (included with the phone)? I would suggest you try the Google Message app from the App store.

Another way is to try to clear the cache of the Samsung message app and see if that help.

Thanks,

Looking at the icons of both apps, I had the google text message app on my Huawei which ran flawlessly for 2 yrs. The Samsung native text app is different indeed. I will monitor and see how it goes. Thanks

Is this error happening with anyone else you text or just between you and your husband?

It is happening only between us, we are both on the Koodoo network.  No problems texting anyone else.

So back to the same problem with the Google message app also. No messages going out (this time both androids and iPhone users) no phone calls possible it just hangs. At first I thought it was just the text messages but I cannot call/check VM or make phone calls . Once i reboot the phone all is back to normal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So back to the same problem with the Google message app also. No messages going out (this time both androids and iPhone users) no phone calls possible it just hangs. At first I thought it was just the text messages but I cannot call/check VM or make phone calls . Once i reboot the phone all is back to normal.

If you cannot send SMS and make/receive phone calls, the problem could be the cellular connection not the RCS.

I would try to reset network settings of the phone or try different network mode within and see where the problem was.