Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I am already on Automatic Top Up but my account has not been credited and has been made inactive. I tried calling 611 but it's an hour wait

I am already on Automatic Top Up but my account has not been credited and has been made inactive. I tried calling 611 but there is an hour wait time for a response. Is there any way that we can resolve this problem now? Don't you have some sort of Chat facility? When I contract for a service and have arranged regular payment for that I expect to be given the service, and do not expect to have to wait for an hour or more while you get around to dealing with YOUR PROBLEM.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So what exactly happened? Can you post a screenshot of your first page please (when you log into self service), just make sure you don't display any personal information 🙂
Not sure what this is going to show you as very general, but here is the expiry notice.

Within Billing it shows that we are already on Automatic Top Up but the account balance is $0.00. The credit card used for this account has ample funds in it to cover the $16.95 for the plan.
I don't want to top up manually as we would then likely find that a) Koodo will then top up automatically and we will then be charged twice, or b) we will still not be topped up automatically next month and the problem will occur again. See atachment from our Billing panel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ah I see... actually that is very helpful information. What I think happened is that you added auto top up AFTER your plan expired... or perhaps it didn't "take".

First check if auto top up is active - then you will need to top up manually (just once) so that your plan is active again. You should receive the 10% bonus 🙂

Edit: oops, we cross posted. I see you do have auto top up. You will need to top up manually to reactive your plan - you won't be charged twice.
Then why didn't the account get topped up this month automatically as it has done for months and months before this month?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David and Janet Block wrote:

Then why didn't the account get topped up this month automatically as it has done for months and ...

I guess it was a glitch - there was a problem with prepaid and credit cards yesterday. The only way to find out for sure is to call in... But you said you don't want to wait that long and I don't blame you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Then why didn't the account get topped up this month automatically as it has done for months and ...

Send a private message on Koodo’s Facebook or Twitter page. The reps have access to your account, which we don’t have on this board, and you will avoid waiting on hold in the telephone queue.

Don't use Facebook or Twitter, phone doesn't work (have waited over three hours for a reply by now and still no response), text doesn't work, can't find an email address - might be fastest to write a letter to Koodo and send it by Canada Post (or Pigeon mail!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you saying you have no service AFTER you topped up manually? Does it show $15 as available credit? You might need to restart your phone after you top up.

I've actually topped up one of our phones but the second phone won't accept any top up. So that phone is out of action until Koodo phone us back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yikes... no fun eh 😞 Hope you get it sorted! Did it give a reason why the top up wasn't accepted?