Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HUAWEI PHONE LOSES INTERNET CONNECTION..PHONE IS NOT LISTED ON THE WEBSITE...FRUSTRATED!!!!!!

huawei phone will not connect to the internet for more than 2 minutes. This phone is not listed on this website but was purchased from walmart canada under the Koodo umbrella....FRUSTRATED

4 replies

Userlevel 7
EDIT: So apparently there was a Huawei phone sold on Koodo, but it was never advertised anywhere... But what do you mean? WiFi or data internet? Have you tried testing out your SIM card in someone else's phone? Maybe the data connection issue is a phone problem and not on Koodo's end.
Userlevel 5
Although I can't really contribute to a solution. I can confirm that Walmart does indeed sell Huawei phones for Koodo Prepaid services. Up until recently I worked at Walmart in the electronics department. The packaging for the phone is absolutely Koodo branded. I would suggest following Jonathan's advice. If you have a friend who is also with Koodo try putting your SIM in their phone, as well as put your friends SIM in your phone. This will help determine if it is your phone or your SIM that is causing the data problems.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Hryb wrote:

Although I can't really contribute to a solution. I can confirm that Walmart does indeed sell Hua...

Really? Which phone is it?? I've never seen one on the website or in any store during my travels. I know Virgin had the Y210 and Wind carried a few but not anyone else...
Userlevel 5
Daniel Hryb wrote:

Although I can't really contribute to a solution. I can confirm that Walmart does indeed sell Hua...

its was the y210, It is currently a discontinued SKU, some stores would still have it instock. It was exclusive to Walmart, but absolutely on Koodo. from the Huawei facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/HuaweiCanada/posts/554200424636192 )