Koodo Community

Huawei P40 not having access to android apps and google services

• 11 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I am wondering if the company is aware that the Huawei P40 does not have access to google services nor the android apps and if so why they continuing to sell the phone to the public without letting them know.

I had experiences with four different Koodo salespeople that did not know about this. You guys should make sure that your employees are adequately trained and that the company remains transparent to their clientele. 

I had to run around all day today and yesterday to first go get the P40 and then having to return it. I then had to go on a wild goose chase to find the P30 Pro, which one of your employees said was completely soldout in my city, but it clearly wasn't and they probably just said that to boost their sales.

I am not happy with this experience at all.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ever since Koodo carried the phone the warning has been at the very top of the page of the phone.  SO yes they are aware and yes they are telling the public.  Did you even look up the phone on the koodo page?

Here is a link for you

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/huawei-p40-pro

Userlevel 2

Honestly I just bought this phone yesterday online and that was not displayed at the top of the page nor was it called out in the checkout process. If the phone doesn't support Google services and apps isn't it more a paperweight than a phone?

Has this been resolved? If not is there any way to change my order to a different phone model that DOES support Google services and apps? I currently have the Huawei P20 however the battery recently swelled up and popped the back glass of so I need a new phone ASAP. 

I bought this phone online and didn't notice any warnings about the no Google play not working. I don't use apps often so two months later I go to download an app for work and find out it does not support Google apps. This is ridiculous that they would sell a phone that doesn't have any apps from Google in North America. Tried to return it but unfortunately I am over the time period given to return. Very unhappy with koodo and when my 3 contracts are up I will be going to another provider. Never have I felt so taken advantage of. Shame on you koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I bought this phone online and didn't notice any warnings about the no Google play not working. I don't use apps often so two months later I go to download an app for work and find out it does not support Google apps. This is ridiculous that they would sell a phone that doesn't have any apps from Google in North America. Tried to return it but unfortunately I am over the time period given to return. Very unhappy with koodo and when my 3 contracts are up I will be going to another provider. Never have I felt so taken advantage of. Shame on you koodo. 

What could Koodo have done better to display that the phone doesn’t support google services so that they can update this for future customers?

There are customers who are fine with not having access to google services and who want the phone, that’s why they sell it.

Maybe have a box to tick before the process finalizes stating your opting out of Google play if you continue to purchase this product. That might help as I am now stuck with a phone that cannot help me with my work.