Koodo Community

Huawei p20 pro GPS glitches after pie update

Since updating to emui 9 my GPS signal has not been working. Blue dot occasionally shows on Google maps but not very accurate and navigation useless. Strava useless, seems to acquire signal, starts on the spot and does not detect movement. Any fixes?

5 replies

Badge +4
See if this link helps you out.

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/Phones-and-Devices/Huawei-P20-Pro-Android-Pie-update-cause-GPS-issues/td-p/142656/page/2
I scoped that thread a bit and I don't see a clear solution except full factory reset or one person just had it fix itself... It's been happening for me at least 4 days and I've tried deleting Google Play Services cache, it won't let me uninstall updates, I've tried uninstalling Google maps and reinstalling... Really don't want to have to reset phone
Badge +4
Yes a factory reset can be a pain but sometimes it does fix things. If you do a google search or your exact question you'll see that other users have had the same issue and a factory reset is not a guarantee of fixing the problem but it might. Hopefully you find a fix, good luck.
Found this thread after posting about it. I have the exact same issue after updating to Android 9.0 . In that linked thread, Fido has acknowledged that it's a problem related to the update.

I am now downgrading back to 8.1 using Hisuite, but it is unfortunate that such a drastic measure is necessary. I will check with Huawei to see what they say about this issue...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
daviche wrote:

Found this thread after posting about it. I have the exact same issue after updating to Android 9.0 . In that linked thread, Fido has acknowledged that it's a problem related to the update.

I am now downgrading back to 8.1 using Hisuite, but it is unfortunate that such a drastic measure is necessary. I will check with Huawei to see what they say about this issue...

I would try to reset the phone to the factory default settings. The OP didn't try because he/she didn't want to.