Koodo Community
Solved

Huawei P20 Android 9 update

Show first post

31 replies

Wife and I have the P20. Both on Koodo. Her phone had the update mine does not. My phone was purchased shortly after launch from Koodo and hers was purchased black Friday at a kiosk. Checked the link provided above and it was not helpful. Guess I'm just waiting for my IMEI to be selected...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is a gradual rollout from Huawei globally. If your phone IMEI is in the batch, you would get it. If not you would have to wait. They mentioned somewhere the update would be sent out to devices within a month or so.
Badge +4
Yeah, I ordered mine online during Cyber Monday sale. She bought hers within the last 2 weeks at a mobile shop. It wasn't at 9.0 when she bought it but it is now.
Your phone should be getting the update soon if she has the same phone from Koodo.. If you need it now, see if the instructions in the link below will get the update for you.

https://www.huaweicentral.com/how-to-update-to-android-9-0-pie-emui-9-0/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
SLow updates are a common thing with android, ad particularly with Koodo.

You can try to enter a non koodo sim to see if it can pull the update from another carrier
Yeah, I ordered mine online during Cyber Monday sale. She bought hers within the last 2 weeks at a mobile shop. It wasn't at 9.0 when she bought it but it is now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
She's with Koodo too?