Koodo Community
Solved

Huawei P20 Android 9 update

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for the quick response! I guess i'm just concerned that my phone might have a software defect since it's not showing the update as available? I only have 14 days to return the device, so I want to make sure there's nothing wrong with the phone.
DId you click the check for update button?
Yes of course, I've checked several times, and i'm connected to WIFI. I've called Koodo and Huawei already and neither of them are able to help. Koodo has no idea when software updates are rolled out and Huawei said to wait until of the end of March, and if i don't have it by then to call back. He said it can depend on my provider and that provider decides to roll it out, or could be a software defect. From what i've read online, Koodo has already released this update to the P20 Pro's...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes of course, I've checked several times, and i'm connected to WIFI. I've called Koodo and Huawei already and neither of them are able to help. Koodo has no idea when software updates are rolled out and Huawei said to wait until of the end of March, and if i don't have it by then to call back. He said it can depend on my provider and that provider decides to roll it out, or could be a software defect. From what i've read online, Koodo has already released this update to the P20 Pro's...
Try a factory reset and see if it shows up. Make sure you back up everything first.
But to confirm, was this Android 9.0 officially released for the Huawei P20 Pro? Or are others still waiting on it too? I'm ok to wait, i just want to make sure there isn't something wrong with my phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
But to confirm, was this Android 9.0 officially released for the Huawei P20 Pro? Or are others still waiting on it too? I'm ok to wait, i just want to make sure there isn't something wrong with my phone.
According to this, it should be March 11.

Usually updated are rolled out in a staggered fashion
Ok thanks