Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HTCone M8 Lollipop udate

Hi all

Has anyone here updated their HTCone M8 to Lollipop? The update is waiting for me to install. I'm a little hesitant because I've read [i]numerous complaints online about problems with this phone after the Lollipop update. I'm happy with Kit Kat, but the annoying notification keeps popping up and there doesn't seem to be away to get rid of it. 

Thanks for your advice.

5 replies

Badge +4
Mine is still on Kit Kat as well, I haven't had the chance to look at the pros and cons to upgrading to Lollipop. I'm using the One M9 at the moment. You can disable the notification and update process by going into Settings > About > Software updates and un-check the checkbox labelled 'Auto-download system updates'.
Userlevel 7
My girlfriend's (formerly my phone) M8 has been running well with Lollipop. It's only been lagging lately because she needs to delete some photos.
rikkster wrote:

Mine is still on Kit Kat as well, I haven't had the chance to look at the pros and cons to upgrad...

I have that box unchecked, but I only unchecked it after the phone had downloaded the notification update so the notification is still there.
When I press and hold the "system update available" notification and then press App info, it brings me to "Updater." Show notifications is greyed so I can't uncheck it. I wonder if "Force stop" will get rid of the notification....I'm a bit afraid to press this...
Jonathan I wrote:

My girlfriend's (formerly my phone) M8 has been running well with Lollipop. It's only been laggin...

Thanks Jonathan, good to know.
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Mine is still on Kit Kat as well, I haven't had the chance to look at the pros and cons to upgrad...

Clearing the data and choosing 'Force stop' should remedy the problem. If you manually check for updates though, the update notification will return.