Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HTC One V clock issue

Just got a refurbish HTC One V phone and it seems to have a clock problem - it cannot keep time! It is a little bit annoying since it is my watch... I looked around and didn't find any solutions yet. Anyone can help me on this one? By the way, the software is up to date. Thank you in advance!

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Do you have it set to auto or manual update? Is it slowly get off the correct time? or does it just jump to some random time?
It is on automatic but I also checked manually for the software update (it's in the About section, right?). It is getting slowly off time. I set the time (again) Sunday and I am now 1 hour off. It does it with automatic time and manual time.
Userlevel 2
Hi Sébastien! If you still have an issue with your clock you can contact HTC by calling +1-866-449-8358 or sending an email to http://www.htc.com/ca/contact/email. Thanks ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Vincent wrote:

Hi Sébastien! If you still have an issue with your clock you can contact HTC by calling +1-866...

Thanks Vincent, I will contact them.
Userlevel 1
I have a friend in NS that said he had same problem on his Samsung SII
MatB wrote:

Did he solved his problem?
Userlevel 1
MatB wrote:

Yes he solved it through his settings he went to: Settings/location services/put check on: use wireless networks use GPS satellites location and GOogle Then went to: date & time and checked automatic data & time automatic time zone Everytime he turns on his phone it syncs Date & Time with Koodo Tower
MatB wrote:

Doesn't work for me unfortunately. Everything you mentioned was checked. It's a pre-paid phone, does it matter?
Userlevel 1
MatB wrote:

No, it doesn't matter, if you're in NS call Koodo tech to let them send report to Koodo to find out why you were not put on the right Date Time sind DST change
Seems that since I activated the SIM card it is fixed. It is still a problem since it has to be connected to a network or WiFi to keep the time on. I don't use the "phone mode" often and sometime put it on air plane mode to save some battery, so I will continue to be off time. I emailed HTC but no answers so far...
I put WiFi but it wasn't working when I was only on WiFi. It was still off...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The built in time clock circuits on cellphones are often not particularly accurate, since they are designed to automatically sync to network time whenever they are connected.