Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HTC ONE Phone

Are you going to have a pre-offer of the new HTC one phone. I would like to get on the list if you are.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey Gus. Koodo doesn't comment on any upcoming phone releases and as such won't be able to provide you with the answer you're looking for. However, their Facebook page/website is where they post any info on phone releases, when available so I'd recommend keeping on checking those!
Userlevel 1
The standard response from Koodo on phones is that they cannot confirm or deny phones until they are officially announced by the carrier on the Facebook page. Personally, I doubt it, though. Even if they DO get it, which I also somewhat doubt, this isn't as much a media event as the iPhone5 or BB10. Even though the phone is very impressive.
Userlevel 5
Koodo doesn't announce their phone releases until a few days before hand. Like Koodo's Facebook page for official updates!
Userlevel 7
Well this is awkward.
Userlevel 5
oh my god.
Userlevel 1
John Lee wrote:

oh my god.

We must have ALL seen it at once AND posted altogether. tsk tsk.
Userlevel 7
John Lee wrote:

oh my god.

It just shows the MM's are ready to rock and roll whenever needed 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go to this page & +1 it to show your interest for Koodo to bring the HTC ONE to their lineup. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/get_the_htc_one_koodo
Userlevel 6
I get it that Koodo won't say anything on upcoming phones and all about staying competitive and yadda yadda, but what it also does is make people go "oh well, no need to wait for Koodo then" and then they go sign up with carriers who announce devices in advance. Telus has no shame having a placeholder in their lineup for the HTC One with the mention "coming soon". It works, and it makes Telus' customers know its coming and wait a bit for it instead of upgrading to something else and then go "well damn" when the One releases after the 14 day return period. Koodo can say what they want about wanting to stay competitive, but shying away from announcing their upcoming devices does more harm than good.
Userlevel 2
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

I get it that Koodo won't say anything on upcoming phones and all about staying competitive and y...

Hey Topper, one of the reasons why we don't give advance warning is because changes in future device line up may change. If we say that 3 months from now, we'll get Samsung X phone and then 2 months later, something happens and we won't be carrying it, this can look badly. It's better to be safe than sorry so we wait for confirmation of the device and then announce when we are ready to 🙂.
Userlevel 6

I get it that Koodo won't say anything on upcoming phones and all about staying competitive and y...

3 months is 25% of a full year, I agree much can change in 3 months. However, it would't hurt to let people know, like, 3-4 weeks in advance. For example, I have my eyes set on the Lumia 620, which Telus just released. Koodo's kept silent so far, except for an unofficial leak online that said Koodo would have it. Now, what do I do? Buy it from Telus (for likely higher $) and then unlock it (more $) and bring it to Koodo, or stay in limbo while nothing's announced? If Koodo announced this week that they would carry the phone, in a 3-4 weeks timeframe, I would sleep soundly while waiting for the 620 to show up in Koodo's lineup. Instead, I have to wonder and take wild guesses. That's the issue, and I can't be the only one in this situation (not all want the 620, but you get the point).
Badge +4

Maybe Koodo is holding out to see whether the Lumia 620 will be a hit or a flop on the Telus network. Can't understand why one would have to pay an unlock fee when the device should work on either network. Also, why go with such an entry level device? Instead Koodo should opt for something a little more powerful like this... http://www.nokia.com/ca-en/products/phone/lumia900/specifications/ or this http://www.nokia.com/ca-en/products/phone/lumia800/ or even this http://www.nokia.com/ca-en/products/phone/lumia710/
Userlevel 6

I aim for the 620 because I primarily use Android and just want the 620 to play around with, so in that sense, the least expensive device will be the best choice, even if there are more powerful alternatives. So entry-level is just right for what I'm gonna use it for. Still, if they'd say "Hey guys, the 620's coming, just hold on for a couple days and it'll be here" it'd just make things a whole lot easier. But no, I have to roll the dice and hope.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree with points from everybody here. I think the big issue, or what it seems to me is Koodo is last in line for devices. I'm not sure if this is the distributors doing or Telus doing though? It seems that when Bell or Rogers gets a popular device that their respective discount provider gets said device also, but when Telus gets some popular device Koodo doesn't or does a month or more later &even then they get a small shipment then everyone is left waiting like a month for the next shipment. This seems to have happened with the Galaxy S3 & the New BlackBerry Z10. I don't understand why Telus & Koodo have this way going when Bell & Rogers don't seem to feel the need to hold back on device releases? I have a theory behind this but would rather not say here because I could be wrong.