Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HTC One M8 won't receive picture messages?

Userlevel 1
I've got a new HTC One M8 that won't receive picture messages. It constantly says that it is downloading it, but never receives the file. Does something need to be updated? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Is your data on?
Userlevel 1
For sure.
Userlevel 7
Draw down the notification shade from the top and tap the search. Look for access point names. Make sure Koodo.sp is selected Open Koodo.sp and make sure it matches below: APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 Username: leave blank Password: leave blank Server: leave blank MMSC: http ://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc MMS Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 MMS Port: 80 MCC: 302 MNC: 220 Authentication type: No set APN type: No set
when it come down to it... you always have to have your data on in order to send a picture message as long as I've known... If you send a text message you don't have to !!! A PICTURE !!! YES YOU DO!
Userlevel 7
Evelina Preshyon wrote:

when it come down to it... you always have to have your data on in order to send a picture messag...

He said his data was on.
So I am having same problem. APN is all correct data is on. Any other options?
Userlevel 1
I had to switch my text message app. Someone at a Koodo store told me that lots of people are having problems with the Hangout app and the M8. An update should be coming soon, so they said. I switched to using Textra but you can just as easily use the HTC Messages app. As soon as I switched to a different texting app, problem solved.
Thanks, yes the HTC messaging app worked.