Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HTC one M8 Wind/Koodo

Will the htc one m8 be transferable from koodo to wind or wind to koodo?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Wind to Koodo yes, Koodo to Wind not really. You'll have minimal coverage because it's missing the 1700mhz band Wind primarily uses.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Wind to Koodo yes, Koodo to Wind not really. You'll have minimal coverage because it's missing th...

It does have the band, Jonathan. All M8's sold in Canada work with all Canadian carriers. All he needs to do is disable LTE completely. The phone will then be able to use the 1700 AWS band for 3G HSPA on Wind/Mobi/Videotron.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Wind to Koodo yes, Koodo to Wind not really. You'll have minimal coverage because it's missing th...

Really? Since when? I could have sworn it doesn't have that band. Huh. That's cool.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Yup! I was happy to find this out by luck (and later on forums). Basically, once unlocked, the phone can use Band4 for either LTE or 3G, albeit not at the same time.
Thank you for the quick reply Jonathan and David. So to confirm, if going from Koodo to Wind, there's just an extra step of disabling LTE completely while going from Wind to Koodo no action is required?
Userlevel 6
Aaron talooza wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply Jonathan and David. So to confirm, if going from Koodo to Wind, the...

Sounds right! Also, the phone needs to be unlocked, do not forget this step.