Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HTC One M8 marshmallow (6.0) upgrade

I know the One M8 is getting a marshmallow upgrade[1], what i'm wondering is, since service providers have to approve upgrades and release them, will the Koodo M8 receive the upgrade? If there is no official statement yet from koodo, what have you guys experienced in the past with updates released by manufactures, do they make it to koodo?

[1] http://www.techtimes.com/articles/90045/20150930/htc-confirms-android-6-0-marshmallow-update-coming-this-fall-here-are-the-eligible-smartphones.htm

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey there! When the update is released and sent to us from HTC, we will test it to make sure it works properly and release it to you guys! Your phone will let you know when the update is available 🙂
Anna wrote:

Hey there! When the update is released and sent to us from HTC, we will test it to make sure it w...

Great! thanks for the info Anna
Userlevel 5
Anna wrote:

Hey there! When the update is released and sent to us from HTC, we will test it to make sure it w...

Its my pleasure! Have a great week 🙂
Anna wrote:

Is it ready yet?
Userlevel 1
Anna wrote:

Hello Anna do you know wen is there is going be updated for Samsung Galaxy note2 Software thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Anna wrote:

Hello. Just go and see if there's a software update in the settings and you'll have your answer!
Anna wrote:

I would doubt highly that the Note 2 is getting Marshmallow.
Userlevel 2
Anna wrote:

Telus was updating HTC One M8 today according to their released update schedule, when is Koodo doing this Android M update?
Badge +4
You can also select the option to 'auto-download system updates' on both the One M8 and One M9. Make sure to enable 'Update over Wi-Fi Only' so that you don't use mobile data for the update whenever it arrives. This saves you from having to constantly check if an update is available for your device. (Settings > About > Software updates).
Userlevel 3
Has anyone received this update yet as I believe that it was supposed to be released this month? (if I heard correctly?)