Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Htc One M7 not accepting email address and password for Hotmail account

Userlevel 7
I recently bought an unlocked HTC One M7 and when trying to log into my Hotmail account in the HTC email app it won't accept the Username and Password combination. Even changed my password for my account and verified it by logging into my account on the browser but the phone still doesn't recognize my email. Any suggestions on where to go from here? Not new to Android just not used to this phone yet haha.

10 replies

Badge +4
Hi Daniel, Verify the settings below by going into manual setup on your M7. I'm going by my One M8, so the settings may differ slightly. The incoming and outgoing ports may not be the same as my example. Incoming POP3 Mail Server Setting: User Name : user@hotmail. com < no space between hotmail.com Password : your email password Incoming Mail Server/Pop3 Server : pop3.live.com Port : 995 Security Type : SSL Click on Next. If settings are OK and password is valid, you will be asked to enter outgoing mail server settings Outgoing POP3 Mail Server Setting: Outgoing Mail Server/SMTP Server : smtp.live.com Port : 587 Security (Port)/Security Type : SSL/TLS User Name : user@hotmail. com < no space between hotmail.com Password : your email password
Userlevel 7
rikkster wrote:

Hi Daniel, Verify the settings below by going into manual setup on your M7. I'm going by my O...

Hi Rikkster, I've tried confirming the first section of adding in my email, it is exactly as you have yours, but when clicking on Next it goes through the verifying stage and then it asks me to make sure my email address and password are typed correctly, and like I stated before I even changed my password to make sure it would work. Even after doing that it won't load past the authentication stage to the outgoing server settings. Not sure if it's an issue with the application or my email.
Userlevel 7
rikkster wrote:

Hi Daniel, Verify the settings below by going into manual setup on your M7. I'm going by my O...

So when I click on the HTC Email application it gives me these three options, I click on POP3/IMAP

Userlevel 7
rikkster wrote:

Then finally it comes up with this conclusion:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

If you're able to access your e-mail by other means, then chances are that it's an app issue. I was personally not happy with HTC's mail app as it refused to sync my university IMAP account (though my Outlook worked). The new Gmail app now supports both Outlook and Yahoo. Give that a try.
Userlevel 7
rikkster wrote:

I think I found my solution. When I went under Accounts & Sync and clicked on the '+' symbol there was an option to add an Outlook account (no outlook application installed). I appreciate the time and help though 🙂
Userlevel 7
rikkster wrote:

One other question to ask you guys, do you know if when the phone is unlocked that it will continue to get updates while my koodo sim card is in the phone? Or do I need to get a sim card from the original service provider put in my phone in order to update the software as it was originally locked to Bell?
rikkster wrote:

I accidently wiped my HTC ONE m7.  Now it wont even start.  The OS is gone.  I red that I'm supposed to download a RUU file and install it but I just cant find it.  I was on live chat with HTC and they said that they cant help and that I have to go through my provider first...  Can you help me?
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

You'll be looking for a TELUS RUU and doing a lot of reading. There are a ton of resources for the M7, you just have to know where to look. Links will be provided near the end of this thread. The first step is determining whether or not your M7 responds to adb/fastboot commands. You should still be able to access the device using commands such as 'adb reboot-bootloader', 'adb devices' and similarly with 'fastboot reboot-bootloader', 'fastboot devices'. If your M7 cannot communicate with your computer via adb/fastboot, there's no point in going any further and the phone will have to be sent in for repair. You need to know your HTC One M7's modelid (MID) and cidnum (CID). These codes will allow you to find the correct RUU for your phone. By entering 'fastboot getvar all' in a command window while the phone is in fastboot mode, you should see a list that looks something like this: modelid: PN0711000 cidnum: HTC__001 cidnum: HTC__J15 cidnum: HTC__A48 cidnum: HTC__M27 mainver: 1.29.401.2 btype:1 aareport:1 DelCache:1 hbootpreupdate:3 Once you have the MID and CID codes, you can search for a TELUS RUU. Please read the articles below thoroughly. Proceed carefully and don't take any shortcuts. If all else fails, your next best option would be to send the device in for repair. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2428276 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2497614
Userlevel 2
rikkster wrote:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934542052