Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Htc one

Can I buy a htc one phone for telus with a 2 year agreement then bring it to koodo and unlock it

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Actually you don't need to unlock a telus phone to use it on koodo. 🙂 So after your 2 year agreement is over, you can just bring it to koodo!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Kim wrote:

Actually you don't need to unlock a telus phone to use it on koodo. 🙂 So after your 2 year agr...

The only Telus phones that will work on Koodo without unlocking are iPhones, all Android devices need to be unlocked from Telus to work on Koodo
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

Actually you don't need to unlock a telus phone to use it on koodo. 🙂 So after your 2 year agr...

lol today isn't my day. sorry OP
Daniel Kim wrote:

This is strange because I have activated a Koodo android onto TELUS before. It was a Samsung Ace. Perhaps it's kind of a hit or miss thing? Or maybe it's because it is Koodo to TELUS?
Userlevel 6
Daniel Kim wrote:

Telus HTC One works with Koodo and not just Telus iPhones works with Koodo. Source: I had a Telus HTC One and it works with Koodo without getting it unlocked.
Daniel Kim wrote:

Hmm, perhaps it is selective Androids then.
Userlevel 1
Daniel Kim wrote:

I think eith this it is hit/miss no guarantee.
Userlevel 5
Daniel Kim wrote:

I have also had numerous Telus Android and Blackberry 7 devices that worked out of the box with Koodo. Usually you had to go in and change the APN settings, but once that was done it worked fine. My fiancés S3 is a Telus one that we just threw a Koodo sim into.
Userlevel 1
Telus will make you pay the remaining balance once you port over, plus a months plan. Better to buy one outright and bring it over or find one on kijiji
I always like to offer a footnote to suggestions like Mo D's. Buyer beware when you purchase devices on Kijiji or Craigslist.
Userlevel 1
FFS wrote:

I always like to offer a footnote to suggestions like Mo D's. Buyer beware when you purchase devi...

I think that is a given and an assumed risk one takes when buying anything on kijiji/craigslist and even ebay. But it is a market that mant find success on, too.
FFS wrote:

I always like to offer a footnote to suggestions like Mo D's. Buyer beware when you purchase devi...

Agreed. But sometimes what is common to some is not so common to others. That is why I feel it is better not to assume. 🙂
Userlevel 1
FFS wrote:

All too true. 🙂
Userlevel 1
FFS wrote:

Out of curiosity: does FFS stand for : "For "Flanders'" Sake"? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lolitaa wrote:

Yes you can ..For that you needed to unlock your mobile,Make use of this site http://www.classicu...

Don't use the above unlocking service,it's a scam