Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HTC Desire 320 won't connect to Facebook

HTC Desire 320 won't connect to Facebook,"Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. PLease try again later. (SSL handshake timed out). " is the message I get. Also, can't get any games to load. No data but connected to Wifi....Please help!!!!!

Katy

15 replies

Userlevel 7
How much free space is left on your phone? Have you tried restarting your phone?
Total space is 1.95GB and 1.61GB is available. I took the sim card and battery out and turned it back on but still nothing. Games won't load either. Bought the phone 2 days ago for my 12 yr old's birthday. No data on phone but we have wifi, so I am not sure why she can't get facebook, games, youtube etc.

Userlevel 7
Are you on prepaid? Did you activate the sim card?
Yes, it's a prepaid phone. When I activated the phone it asked for the sim card and IMEI numbers so I did enter those numbers. How do you activate the sim card otherwise?

Userlevel 7
Katy Lapierre wrote:

Yes, it's a prepaid phone. When I activated the phone it asked for the sim card and IMEI numbers ...

Were you assigned a phone number? Log back into self serve and see if your account is active.
The phone is activated and she has a phone number. She has been able to text with no problems

Userlevel 7
Katy Lapierre wrote:

The phone is activated and she has a phone number. She has been able to text with no problems

Check her plan. What plan did she choose? Did you add a data booster? Does everything work on WiFi?
Only have the unlimited texting and the talk booster 25. I don't think wifi is working even though it is connected. wifi is working on other devices in the house.
Userlevel 7
Katy Lapierre wrote:

Only have the unlimited texting and the talk booster 25. I don't think wifi is working even thoug...

Okay without a data booster, you will not have access to network data , however WiFi is another story. Unplug the electricity from your router and wait a few minutes then plug it back in and allow it to reset. Then try grabbing a WiFi signal from it again.
still the same. There is a WiFI app and then WiFi under settings. Does it matter which one is used. I also have an HTC with Koodoo and have never had this trouble
Userlevel 7
Katy Lapierre wrote:

still the same. There is a WiFI app and then WiFi under settings. Does it matter which one is use...

Check and see if your router supports WPS and if so follow the directions below.

Thanks for your help. It is now working 🙂

Userlevel 7
Katy Lapierre wrote:

Great! Enjoy your phone!
Katy Lapierre wrote:

Why can't I get on Facebook I have pay as you go with Koodo it just keeps loading and nothing happens hope you can help thanks
Userlevel 7
Katy Lapierre wrote:

HI Theresa, you may want to start a new thread so we can focus on your issue alone.