Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HTC

I have had nothing but trouble with the HTC One V. Do I have to switch providers to get satisfaction?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The HTC One V is a terrible phone, but I highly doubt that Koodo forced you to choose it. I also doubt there is any cell provider who will give you a different model of phone once their return period is up simply because you bought a lemon. While the phone is under warranty koodo can repair your current phone or exchange for a new unit of the same model. That's it.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The HTC One V is a terrible phone, but I highly doubt that Koodo forced you to choose it. I also...

Thank you for your input. I was aware of all this, but best of all it was good to receive confirmation as to the rating of the device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Best thing to do before buying a phone is to do some research, if you did you would have seen their are many issues with that particular device. The only real remedy I've come across is to run a custom ROM. Do a little research & you'll find a ROM, that is really your best choice IMO.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Best thing to do before buying a phone is to do some research, if you did you would have seen the...

Thanks for your reply. My biggest hope is that we can steer those who have not yet made a choise in the right direction.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Best thing to do before buying a phone is to do some research, if you did you would have seen the...

Koodo actually doesn't sell the device any more so we're safe on nobody else purchasing it 😉 Don't let this one phone give you a bad impression of HTC however as they make some great phones. Just never buy any low end Android devices because they all have their issues. I second the Nexus 4 as a recommendation, I have the Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 & had the HTC ONE for awhile all High end devices and I've made the Nexus 4 my main device it's a wonderful device without any issues and for the price (less than half the price of my other devices) you can't go wrong. Hurry though as its been discontinued because the Nexus 5 will be out in a little while and once stocks sold it's gone.
Userlevel 7
Keep in mind that Koodo is only the carrier, not a manufacturer. You could always look into your remaining Tab balance to see how much you can use to upgrade... the best bang for your buck Android device would be the Nexus 4.
Jonathan I wrote:

Keep in mind that Koodo is only the carrier, not a manufacturer. You could always look into your...

Thank you for your input. Providing a recommendation is especially thoughtful.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Keep in mind that Koodo is only the carrier, not a manufacturer. You could always look into your...

I definitely recommend it, as I had it for a while. I miss mine. I have the HTC One as well for my main Android phone, but I miss how simple stock Android is and how well the Nexus 4 performs for the price it sits at + it comes unlocked + it will get future updates right away (and nearly guaranteed) whereas some older devices either get the snub or take forever to get updated.