Koodo Community

Community

Solved

HTC 10 arrival??

Userlevel 2
Will Koodo be carrying HTC 10? If so when can we expect its arrival? I have an offer to buy directly from HTC, to me its to pricey for a "little" better phone. I am currently using a HTC One M8 (Marshmallow)

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've heard that it's a Bell exclusive phone for now...
Userlevel 7
It'll be a Bell exclusive until at least July if I remember correctly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chances are pretty good that Koodo wont even carry it as they had real problems selling both previous HTC flagship's (M8 M9) so go ahead and get it from HTC which will be unlocked as well so factor that into the price as well. Also chances are updates will be faster if you get it directly from HTC.
Userlevel 2
Thanks, still have the One M8. I have had "Zero" problems with the phone. The HTC 10 should be falling in price soon as several HTC phones have been released and now the "Ultra" is set to release soon. Let the dumping begin...LOL.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Thanks, still have the One M8. I have had "Zero" problems with the phone. The HTC 10 should be fa...

If you don't need the absolute latest in phones (and most don't), then there are some amazing deals to be found.
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Thanks, still have the One M8. I have had "Zero" problems with the phone. The HTC 10 should be fa...

Koodo has none of the HTC phones. We also had a real problem finding a Samsung S6 in stock at a decent price. I will probably look for a new carrier soon, as I really don't like the small selection of phones at Koodo. We did switch one of our phones to Virgin mobile, so far so good other then their setup fees (Rip off of new customers). I don't like Bell or Telus and Rodgers has poor coverage in Alberta.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Gallagher wrote:

I'd never base my choice of carrier on their phone offerings, since none of them give meaningful subsidies (i.e. you end up paying the whole retail price over 2 years.
Userlevel 2
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Just looked for HTC phones on Koodo, still nothing. I see you will handle Galaxy S8, good luck. Don't carry in your front pocket, as they are unproven in the non-explosive department. Note 7 cost them billions of dollars in sales and law suits. Most airlines ban the phone from their airplanes, due to its instability and proclivity to spontaneously combust.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Don't worry about Samsung the Note 7 fiasco didn't hurt them much at all, infact the S8 and S8+ are already breaking sales records and getting huge praise even from iPhone faithful. HTC doesn't sell well which is why all candian carriers stopped selling them, they're not ground breaking but they are good devices in their own respect but they've become stale and the HTC U has not received great reviews. You can buy HTC devices unlocked straight from HTC Canada on their website and use it on Koodo if HTC is your flavour but they just don't appeal to the masses unfortunately. Still sell better than blackberry but that's not hard to do at this point.
Userlevel 6
Brian Gallagher wrote:

Although HTC makes great phones and Sense is one of the nicer Android skins, their phones always have at least one issue holding back sales, usually it's the sub par camera. They also charge Samsung prices, which you can't do if you are trying to steal some sales from Samsung. You have to be better (nope), or cheaper
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Gallagher wrote:

I get the comedy in saying all Samsung phones blow up, and Apple is taking that route in attack ads, but Samsung really cannot afford for that issue to happen again. They appear to have gone to great lengths to improve the reliability of their batteries, and people have already gotten S8s to tear into the batteries, and even puncturing them doesn't make them explode, which is a common occurrence for batteries that get punctured.

Userlevel 6
My 2c...I disagree (slightly) with Ivan. Who is to separate you or anyone from the phone they want? I'd say figure out what you want in a phone (iOS vs Android, specs, features, customizability, ease and cost to unlock and/or accessorize, how important the brand is, etc.), then make a wishlist (say I want phone A, if I can't get phone A I'll settle for phone B, else I'll go with phone C). Then go for the best deal. Best deal will factor in the total monthly plan, upfront incentives, and the buy-out. Other factors are the inevitably obvious (does the carrier cover the locations where you use your phone).
As I am a big Motorola fan, I keep coming to Koodo for more Motorola's. Koodo has awesome promos on Motos and I just can't get enough of 'em.
Of course, it works out cheaper for you, and you actually want the OnePlus, Asus Zenfone, Xiaomi, etc., or just don't care what handset you want, and over 24 months it'll be cheaper to buy a phone outright, then go on a BYOD plan, then do that.
Userlevel 6
Lenovarola have been making great phones of late. Moto gestures combined with a near stock Android experience makes for a great combo.
Userlevel 6
Techjunkie wrote:

Lenovarola have been making great phones of late. Moto gestures combined with a near stock Androi...

That, plus their unparalleled driving mode! I won't leave Lenovorola anytime soon.
Userlevel 6
Techjunkie wrote:

Lenovarola have been making great phones of late. Moto gestures combined with a near stock Androi...

Yes! I had a Moto Z for a while to replace my exploding Note 7. I LOVED how it read my messages out when it detected I was driving.
Userlevel 6
@Brian: since you switched one of your phones to Virgin, that's a Bell subsidiary, and Koodo is a Telus subsidiary, basically, you're connecting to the same cell towers whether on Virgin or Koodo.
Having one line with Virgin is not a bad idea if you actually benefit from their member benefits. I've used their member benefits only once for a small discount on airfare. Didn't come anywhere close to the credits I got from Koodo through their refer a friend program.
Virgin Mobile also has a decent phone selection, but doesn't have as good a selection on Motorola's as Koodo has. If you don't care about Motorola's, phone selection between Koodo and Virgin should be *mostly* trivial (perhaps a bit better on Virgin as they won't have online-only phones, plus they're competing with Fido right now on a trade-in deal on the LG G6).
Virgin Mobile gives the same.gift cards on upgrades as new activations at 3rd party kiosks such as The Mobile Shop, Best Buy and Walmart, making Virgin Mobile an appealing choice for those who upgrade frequently.
Userlevel 2
titaniumtux wrote:

@Brian: since you switched one of your phones to Virgin, that's a Bell subsidiary, and Koo...

She likes her phone, I've tried it a bit, it's nice. No Nougat on it yet. She seems a bit taken by Snapchat (Me no likey). I like my reliable HTC One M8, with Boom sound. Battery is great after 2.5 years.
Userlevel 2
Well, well; I watched the bootleg copy of HTC 11 intro video last night.....impressive. Snapdragon 835! Dual front facing cameras, 3700mA battery. AI with Nougat OS. Yah now the research bucks are going into the flagship, once they curtailed the value phones. Announcements next week. :)  No Swansong pocket bonfire for me LOL.
Userlevel 2
HTC U 11 was released in the last few weeks, its selling like hot cakes. The Google Pixel (small) was built by HTC. U 11 is using 835 processor with the best camera in the market. Its still 1100.0 Canadian dollars.